My Christmas Table was beautiful - and I had no battery in my camera, so no pictures I'm afraid.
The dinner went well, even though Gym Boy neglected to tell us that he'd be spending it with Sparkle Girl (and she does sparkle - such a lovely young lady!) so their seats remained empty... again.
Tonight is going to (hopefully) be quiet. While entering into the new year is fun and all that, I think I'm getting a bit too old for the festivities - I swear I haven't recovered from lack of sleep due to a baby in the house, and she's 4!! However the evening will commence with margarita's with my neighbour (can't stop tradition!!).
Anyway... with the new year starting tomorrow, and everyone rushing into new year resolutions, I thought I should probably do a list of my own goals for the year - note they are goals, not resolutions (resolutions always fail horribly, and goals can be carried over to the next year if need be).
1. Exercise - This is something I am no good at. I have tried valiantly in the past, and failed valiantly too. I am not a gym person at all, so I have to actually get my pilate's dvd out and use it!!
2. Paint - this is two-fold - I need to paint the lounge (sitting room) and I need to get back into my art. I haven't completed a painting for the house for years!! I have bought the canvases and just need to get moving now.
3. Bible Study - I need to get back into my bible study routine in the morning - I've taken a break during the holidays, and I can feel it.
4. Finish my degree - this can't be all that hard - I only have one subject left.
5. Clear my debt.
6. Organise my closet - hahahahahahaha (well... we'll give it a go anyway)
7. Plan - I need to plan my menu's; plan my days; plan my activities with my family (I'm much of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants person, so this will probably be the most challenging)
8. Apply the Less-Is-More principle to my house.
9. Date Night - friends have come up with the idea that once a month they baby sit the Bunny and once a month we baby sit their child so we can both have a date night.
10. Rest - I want an annual holiday for me and the family - even if it is only two nights away somewhere for the four of us.
What are your plans for the new year? Are you making dramatic changes or slight adjustments?
I hope your Christmas went well, and that your new year will be wonderful.ll
God bless you all and see you next year.